Adjusting aftermarket lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a simple way to adjust LED spots besides trial and readjust??

I used a level and string line to get them close to what I want. I will be checking them tonight again on the road.

For what it's worth, my main use is to prevent bumper tag with deer. I adjusted the right hand more into the ditch. Left side more straight ahead. Center bar is part flood and part spot and is adjusted to be level.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not really. Find a really dark (no streetlights) and flat location and do one at a time. The first time I set everything up, it took me about an hour to adjust, fine tune, and tighten.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's mostly personal preference. I like to look at dividing the lighting area into three areas. 1. Long distance 2. Up close 3. Side light. I then aim each light (lights for each need) on the truck individually then once done test with all on looking for dark areas and then readjust as needed to fill in. I then driver around testing with all on and then one area at a time to see how they work. It does not take a lot of lights to get good coverage it just takes good quality beam patterns.

chartquist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Sage what kind of spots are you running? Curious if you are going for sheer distance or you want some spread. I'm about to install some Baja Designs Squadron Pro Driving Combos and hoping for the best of both worlds.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
When we setup long range lighting, we will find a empty road, preferably country so as there will be absolutely no traffic, and setup a sawhorse with reflective tape (obviously make it easier to see) and set it about a half mile or so down range (depending on goals of setup)

Bars are easy, aim, set, and done.

Individual pods are a little more time consuming. We unplug all but one, and adjust each as needed. Unplugging them all but one lets you see exactly where your aiming that individual pod. Now you don't want each pod to hit the exact same spot down range, but blend them from side to side for a smooth light spread.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My lights are nothing fancy, just cheapies. I made the mounts for the fog light holes.

I don't need a lot of long range lights. There's not an area here with a straight strech to even use them. There ARE a shit load of deer that love playing bumper tag. Lot of areas with high weeds and light brush right along the road.

I have adjusted my side lights into the ditch on each side. Center light is just center light. It does go out over 100 yds so I'm covered pretty much on both sides and center out to 100 yds.

I'm thinking about upgrading the head lights. Not full change out, just better bulbs. Anyone have a good replacement, just plug in type? I'm hoping something new has hit besides those in previous posts.