9" kc pods behind grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DezertRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kc pods behind grill

has anyone dealt trying to put kc pods behind the grill? trying to come up with a mount and most importantly trying to see if they fit in there haha

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

9632_5_1.jpg

Last edited:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats some pricey and beautiful lights to be hiding behind the grill. Was going to run two of the pods on hood mounts but was afraid of how much they will block. So trying the 6" KC HID's first and depending on how I feel about them might upgrade to the POD's

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It might melt the back of the grill!!! I would think that the light pattern coming out would look broken up as well.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are awesome lights but I personally would rather stick with an led bar there and put the pods on hood mounts. The grill blocks light anyway and I would want to maximize the range by mounting them higher. Good luck and post pictures when you get them mounted.

OP
OP
DezertRaptor

DezertRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother found a lightbar off a trophy truck down in baja with 5 pods...most were broken but we managed to build 2

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Maybe a kc lghtbar would work?

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to run KC 110w Day Lighters behind the (honeycomb) grille on my 04 F150 without issue.

I don't see why these would cause any issues.

I used a piece of "L" bracket and attached it to the headlight housings then mounted the lights to that. I'm assuming you could fab up something like that for the Raptor as well.

2h7qjyo.jpg
voafm0.jpg
1zgbaet.jpg

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the raptor grill is not the best grill for mounting a spot pattern behind as it will cut the light output drastically.

Even with my KC's in driving pattern behind the grill in my SDHQ Trophy Bumper you can see that they are brighter when the facia is not installed to block light output and that has larger openings then our factory grill.