40" Rigid Install Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, just put on my Wicked Performance Bolt-On Bumper and Rigid 40" Bar.

1666-a.jpg

I need help with the wiring for the bar. As you can see the bar comes prewired with a toggle with Black,Blue,Red wires attached. How do I convert these to my Aux #1 switch?

1667-a.jpg

1668-a.jpg

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Red goes to whichever wire UNDER THE HOOD you prefer. I recommend RED.

Connect the wires BEHIND THE GLOVEBOX. Connect yellow to red.

Hook BLACK FROM THE LED to ground in the engine bay.

Done.

Search for a post that I made, I went into GREAT detail with Ducati.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanx guys. I've got the pass-through wiring already complete. I decided to do all four switches when I set up the Backlit SVT Logo.

I just wanted to make sure I use the proper wires when connecting to the passthrough.

I have a red fused wire on this setup that goes to "POSITIVE" battery terminal.
I have Solitary Black wire that goes to "GROUND" - no problem

1668-a.jpg

I have switch with red, blue and black wires that are hooked up to toggle.

Swoop, You recommend that I take the "RED" and hook to my pass-thru wire for AUX #1

...just to confirm the black and blue wires attached to the toggle become in-op and should be taped off and wrapped up.

Correct?

***Also, Aux #1 is Fuse #18 which is a 30 amp from factory. Rigid only requires a 20 amp for the 40" bar. Do I need to swap out with a 20 amp or can I leave the 30 amp in there?

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WHoa whoa! Nothing...NOTHING connects to the BATTERY! :(

Everything is already wired with the AUX switches. Read the thread posted by Hockster (thank you) and understand it!

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WHoa whoa! Nothing...NOTHING connects to the BATTERY! :(

Everything is already wired with the AUX switches. Read the thread posted by Hockster (thank you) and understand it!

I stopped!!!! I will proceed no further until tomorrow! I've had a few already and apparently it's time to stop playing with my rig until I'm a little more FOCUSED! :peace:

I'll post more tomorrow. I'm going to sit back and admire what I've got for tonight and tackle the wiring tomorrow after reading the post.

Thanx!!!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cliff Notes:

Connect wires behind glove box, which you've done.

Hook red/black wires from light to corresponding wire in engine bay and also to the ground.

That's it! :)

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cliff Notes:

Connect wires behind glove box, which you've done.

Hook red/black wires from light to corresponding wire in engine bay and also to the ground.

That's it! :)

I appreciate your help.

Hopefully this will help me:

These are the two (Red and Black) that you're saying I use...
1669-a.jpg

Not this red and black... All three of these were attached to the enclosed toggle switch from Rigid
1670-a.jpg

And this just gets secured to the fender somewhere...
1671-a.jpg

I may have had a few drinks but I can still operate a camera...

Last edited:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Trace the two wires from the weatherpack connector to their first termination. The red will be the Relay, the black should be a grounding eye, if its not, then trace it to its termination and cut it off, and crimp on an eyelet. Cut the connector off the red and splice it into your AUX hookup. Then find a bolt to put the grounding eye behind.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trace the two wires from the weatherpack connector to their first termination. The red will be the Relay, the black should be a grounding eye, if its not, then trace it to its termination and cut it off, and crimp on an eyelet. Cut the connector off the red and splice it into your AUX hookup. Then find a bolt to put the grounding eye behind.

Thanx for the help but I don't have a clue what a "weatherpack connector" is . Hell I wouldn't know what that was sober...