40" RC arc install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my RC x5 30" bar pulls 15 amps should I wire it straight to aux switch 1 (15 amp) or should I use the RC fuse and switch block then connect to aux 1

R3B3L

Reaction score
If my RC x5 30" bar pulls 15 amps should I wire it straight to aux switch 1 (15 amp) or should I use the RC fuse and switch block then connect to aux 1

On GEN 1 trucks the Aux #1 and #2 switches are 30A fused/relayed. So you should be good. Regardless, if you connect a device that pulls 15A to a circuit rated for 15A, you should be fine. There would be no need to use the RC fuse/relay in your case. Just be sure to make good connections between wires.

BTW...most of the time your Battery will be at ~13.5V with the engine running (alternator). And there shouldn't be much voltage drop between your Battery and light bar. Therefore, at 180W you should be drawing less than 15A when the truck is running. You could get into trouble if you leave your light bar on while the engine is off for this particular setup on a 15A circuit.

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m contemplating putting 6 rough country x5 2 inch cubes all on aux 2. I’m not electrically inclined.......