40" light bar behind grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if I need anything special to mount a 40" Rigid bar behind the grille? I searched online and saw some mounting brackets but not sure I even need those. I have some L brackets that came with it and I assume I can just use those?

2013-ford-f-150-raptor-led-lighbars-install-04.jpg

TIA

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

The L brackets work just fine and wouldn't spend more than what you already have.

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thanks Rick, wasn't about to drop $300 on a mount anyway.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great thanks Rick, wasn't about to drop $300 on a mount anyway.

$300?!?!? :Pshyco:

The stock L brackets for mine wouldn't quite line up. I bought the brackets from a vendor here - I don't even remember which one, but they're just basic slotted L brackets so you have a bit of play to line everything up. It would be super simple to fab as well, but I think I paid something like $20.

I'll go see if I can find where I bought them and edit this if I can.

It was Alternative Offroad. For the 20 or so bucks they cost, it was worth it to buy rather than build.

Last edited:

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The stock L brackets for mine wouldn't quite line up. I bought the brackets from a vendor here - I don't even remember which one, but they're just basic slotted L brackets so you have a bit of play to line everything up. It would be super simple to fab as well, but I think I paid something like $20.

It was Alternative Offroad. For the 20 or so bucks they cost, it was worth it to buy rather than build.

Yeah and Rigid raised their prices, those $20 mounts that used to be $10 are now $40

LOL

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just going by what the dude suggested:

WSI Behind The Grille Mount - WSI FabricationWSI Fabrication

Not for me and I will try with the L brackets from Rigid.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Yeah and Rigid raised their prices, those $20 mounts that used to be $10 are now $40

LOL

They can still be had for $9 someplace online but yeah that is crazy.

Rigid Industries Ford F150 Raptor Upper Grill Mount for 40" LED Light Bar

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah they just haven't updated their site. We went to place an order one time for a set we sold for that price, and came to find out we lost a bunch of money on the sale. Oh well. Live an learn. NOT worth the $40 though, no way.

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. Vendors tend to gouge owners on price and perceived exclusivity of their cars.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. Vendors tend to gouge owners on price and perceived exclusivity of their cars.

That site looks like it'll sell it to you at $19.05 shipped. $10 in shipping is ridiculous, but the overall price of $20 in my opinion is worth the saved time of making your own.

Personally, if it were me, I'd buy them. Super easy install.

Oh wait, it was, and I did.