40" light bar behind the Grill x2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOBONTUESDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BOBONTUESDAY, is that 3 40" behind the grille? Can you take a picture of the mounts? I just got a 40" and want to see how you mounted it.

We used the rigid brackets for the top one with some metal extensions, on the bottom I made the brackets out of some metal, for the top one I cut a slot on the back to pass the tranny cooler hose, also we relocated the horns, I'll get you some pics soon. We only got 2 in, 3 looked like to much and would of created some cooling problems, shit would of been like a wall of bars if we 3, 2 was enough. We also used factory bolts, the same ones you use on the bottom 40's, pictures will explain it better.

BOBONTUESDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@13raptorcrew

2015-05-21%2019.45.45_zpsp1jco7vh.jpg
20150521_153136_zpsdrqqimfy.jpg
20150521_153138_zpspsegwups.jpg
20150521_153131_zps4zaiinwb.jpg

20150521_153158_zps6abzii2k.jpg

As you can see in the pictures I used the rigid bracket for the top with a little 4 inch metal extension to fit it in, the bar is very sturdy and does not move at all, I know it doesn't look pretty but it works, this setup has been running for 11 weeks now with 0 problems. The bolts used for attaching to the truck were already there and very sturdy so no worries about drilling the truck, you can also see the horns on the left side below the bottom 40 I made it's own bracket for that and also used a factory bolt for it. I didn't take a good picture of where I grinded the bar down but you can see where the tranny cooler hose meets the bar. Also a little plastic was cut off the top of the tranny cooler bracket, I did not have to grind the back of the grill brackets at all the top bar is very very close to the grill brackets less than a millimeter but they do not touch, it's a very tight fit but it sure as hell is possible. The bars are even with each other the photo was just at an angle.