30" KC HiLiTES LED upper grille install (no brackets)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boefadeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does KC still sell this light bar? I can't find it anywhere except A m a z o n and it's SUPER expensive...

thatarchitect

Reaction score
Washer Sizes

I have my 40" and 30" LED bars on the way so I went to pick up the hardware mentioned in the write-up to mount the 30" bar at the hardware store today. This is an amazing write up but the only thing I would add/edit is I believe Birdman meant 5/16" washers instead of 5/8" washers.

I can't wait for my LED bars to get here so I can cut my hands all up!

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My 30" bar keeps tilting down when I hit jumps. I have the nuts torqued as much as I dare. Any ideas how to make it where it won't rotate?

I have the VisioX bar

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my question too. Is anyone's light bars rotating out of alignment?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I used the lock tooth washers on both sides so they bite into the light and the bracket. I haven't touched mine since I installed it and it hasn't moved. I can grab and try to twist it and it doesn't budge. So, it is possible to secure the light using this method.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the lock tooth washers on both sides so they bite into the light and the bracket. I haven't touched mine since I installed it and it hasn't moved. I can grab and try to twist it and it doesn't budge. So, it is possible to secure the light using this method.

Thanks Birdman, now help me pay @Nick@Apollo-Optics for a 30 inch bar!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk