30" KC HiLiTES LED upper grille install (no brackets)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Definitely didnt think this was possible! But You could make any size light bar in and aroumd 30" work there if you think about it. A small cylinder with more hardware could make it work easily. Thanks for opening up the idea! Expect something different and unique from me soon :driver:

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree this is a great write up.

Question: How heavy is the light? I was just thinking of the hood support and if it will be strong enough to hold the extra weight over time.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score

Question: How heavy is the light? I was just thinking of the hood support and if it will be strong enough to hold the extra weight over time.

The light its self is about 16 lbs I believe. I have absolutely zero concern with the hood or grille brackets not being strong enough short term or long term. The grille support brackets themselves are very sturdy, maybe 1/16" steel? And the bolts securing the hood/grille can probably support 100 x the force they would ever be subjected to. I have no engineering background to support this but my instincts based on common sense and good automotive practice tell me this is a solid method with no concern for long term failure.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So Birdie you have never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express...& you cliam to have common sense... Hum?

BTW - this not the first time Bird has installed a Led bar behind the grill. He did this with a 20" M&R LED bar w/home aluminum bracket on his Black Raptor. I have done the same and it definitely sturdied enough to support a 16 lb led light.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excellent write up...and more importantly, PICTURES. They are worth a THOUSAND words. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this.

S/F