30 and 40 on switch one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tied a 30 and 40 inch bar into AUX switch one? Im toying with the idea of getting M&R bars behind the grill.

I have 4 D2s;
one set whites on switch 2 and one set Amber on switch 3. Nothing on switch 4.

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 30" draws 12.5A and 40" draws 16A. It's right under the 30A threshhold. I know a lot of people who have them on one switch and no fuse issue.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the upfitters going through relays, i wouldn't think that wiring them into a single switch wouldn't be an issue since the switch hits the relay not the actual power to the light bars. I would a make sure the draw through the fuese doesn't exceed the fuse AMP rating. Also since the switch hits the relay, I would also think that you could (if the draw exceeded a single fuse) that you could actually kick 2 relays on/off with a single switch connection. No?

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm torn between getting two M&R bars behind the grill or get the 21' vision X extreme in the lower bumper.

I can get both the M&R bars for pretty much the same price as the 21' vision x.

I'm kind of skeptical of placing bars behind the grill. I know a lot of guys do it..just worried about waisted light.

I was also thinking of just getting one vision x 40inch extreme and mounting on a bar but then I worry about it getting stolen and or blocking my front camera.

If I go behind the grill I'll go with the 2 cheaper bars..if I go outside the grill is go vision x

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ideally you would use 2 different relays for the same switch. even though you are under the amperage rating, heat can play a role in it. take the desert for example. the relay is an electromagnet that when triggered closes the circuit. the opposite to that, is when the relay is triggered, heat is produced as a biproduct of the mechanism. if you have 2 lights on in 100+ weather, both on the same switch, very close to the maximum amperage rating of your relay, you could get too much heat generated in the relay causing it to fail and possibly having no lights whatsoever, or blowing fuses. but this is an extreme case and most likely will not happen, however i have seen these types of issues before. you may never have a problem with it, as others dont have this issue. but i figured the info is pertinent to your case

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ideally you would use 2 different relays for the same switch. even though you are under the amperage rating, heat can play a role in it. take the desert for example. the relay is an electromagnet that when triggered closes the circuit. the opposite to that, is when the relay is triggered, heat is produced as a biproduct of the mechanism. if you have 2 lights on in 100+ weather, both on the same switch, very close to the maximum amperage rating of your relay, you could get too much heat generated in the relay causing it to fail and possibly having no lights whatsoever, or blowing fuses. but this is an extreme case and most likely will not happen, however i have seen these types of issues before. you may never have a problem with it, as others dont have this issue. but i figured the info is pertinent to your case

If you don't want to do 2 full seperate relays, you could just hook a relay and 1 light up directly and then run fuse from the second relay to the battery, and hook the second light up to that relay.

Wow thats awfully worded but you get the gist.