2013-2014 OEM HID Headlight Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwickd

Reaction score
Where there's a will there's a way :) I typically don't have problems with returns. I wouldn't even return them if I could figure out a way to properly mount these without "rigging" them.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks it does help. However, that set up does not look as integrated as the 35W ballast. Is that the OEM HID light?

This is a 13-14 HID headlight. The stock ballast is bolted to the bottom, below the Morimoto XB-55 ballast. Any aftermarket set up would need a new ballast.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just purchased the Phillips xenon D3S and they are generic with no mounting tabs to fit them into the headlights. They cost $240 shipped and are a big let down. Just say no to these bulbs! Now I'm going to attempt to get my money back... So how much for the HID retro fit?

Your profile pic looks like you have the halogen headlights. Are you sure you have the 13-14 OEM HID Headlights?

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your profile pic looks like you have the halogen headlights. Are you sure you have the 13-14 OEM HID Headlights?

Good catch. He posted in another thread that he just purchased a 2012.

SVTanthony

Reaction score
There are some nice solutions for the F150s that don't have the factory HID lights. I had the same issue and just upgraded the bulbs - worked great at a very reasonable price.

cwickd

Reaction score
I have a '12- just purchased the Led replacement bulbs H13 and should be getting them this afternoon. If they work out, I'll post a before and after. PS- purchased off of amazon where they have a no questions asked return policy and were only $100. Fingers are crossed :)

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Thank you SVTanthony

cwickd

Reaction score
Just received my LED replacement bulbs- what a difference! Here's a photo showing OEM on the right and LED on the left. Very easy install as well.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423359869740.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423359869740.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 149

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 14 and seem to have issues with the HID headlights. Has anyone had an issue with the shutters not fully opening with the low beam. Is there any adjustment you can do to the shutters?