2013-2014 OEM HID Headlight Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread regarding this, so I figured I'd just share some newly found information.

There has been some discussion on lighting forums and the F150 forums about a new bulb upgrade for the Ford OEM HID's. This bulb upgrade is offered by Philips called the Philips X-TremeVision 42403XVC1. Philips information leaflet: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42403xvc1/42403xvc1_pss_.pdf

Here is a thread that discusses this Philips bulb, although they are comparing D2S bulb size, (the F150 & Raptor housing calls for D3S size) in comparison to other brands.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?50608-New-Philips-Xenon-X-tremeVision

I've noticed some people complaining that their OEM HID's are not enough... Hopefully this will help.

*Edited post for clarification*

Last edited:
OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your original post says D2S, which one do the F150 lights require?

Requires the D3S size. My OP says D2S because in the link I provided, they are comparing different brands of D2S bulbs.

Are you going to do them?
I don't have the factory OEM HID's, but I've read a lot about them and from what I've gathered is that some people say that they're disappointed with it. So, I just thought this might be a solution for those people.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind more light output, but don't want to start ******** with things yet. If it's just bulbs, I'll do it, but want someone's first-hand experience first.

I had Morimoto 50W ballasts and their bulbs on my Fusion, WAY more light output than the Raptor. But I'm not going to sink over a grand to have the retrofits done, as I'm happy with them at this point. Sure, it'd be nice to have the LS460 projector, etc. But I'm just not at that point unless @Raptor Retrofit is going to offer me a killer deal for my stock OEM's :favorites13: