“BEST” LED Light Bars for the new RPG Raceline Bumper I’m ordering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AN ENGINEERS PLEA
I realize I probably can’t go wrong with any of the LED light bars our FRF vendors offer so please limit responses to facts, data and personal experience. No name calling!!! Unless of coarse it aimed at any of the usual suspects like nosbusa, Bird or 6.2 then it OK.

So I’ve started talking with Jarrett & Corey about getting one of their Raceline bumpers setup for my Rap. In addition to the mounting for a ~20” bar below the main horizontal tube I’m adding a short top hoop that will accommodate something like a 40” bar. I also plan to add a pair of Outlaw Raptor hood light mounts with Spot HIDs (something like the Vision X 4500 or Baja Designs Fuego).

As a Midwestern boy with dreams of going to play in the desert, I anticipate needed a broad spectrum of light (lol BAD pun intended). I’m frequently up north playing on twisty dirt/gravel trails through the woods at relatively high speeds (30 – 40 mph) So I need a really wide light pattern with lots of light that has a bit a distance to it. I’ve also been known to go flying through the occasional field at “highway like speeds”. So I’d like as much distance as I can get to avoid nose diving into the culvert I didn’t see till it was too late.

Basically I want to turn night into day in front of my Raptor without making the front end look like I stoled a set of lights from the local football stadium.

Thus far I’ve been looking at the OnX from Baja Design, the Xmitter Xtreme from Vision X and the E-Series from Rigid Industries. On paper the Xtreme puts out the most lumen but while I don’t know shit about lighting I know there is a whole lot more to it than the theoretical total lumen output. I have to believe how and were the light is distributed will be just as important to me, so I like the mixed beam options of the E-series and the OnX.

What do you all think? Any real world comparisons of these lights? For those of you that own one or the other or better yet light from multiple manufacturers do you have a preference?

Enlighten Me :Jedi:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO regardless of where you purchase them from (call Rock and Roll, I'd like you to buy them there), I have rigid and would purchase them again. I have personally seen a 30" bar still work after being the very first thing to hit in a 60 mph TT collision. This happened at the Vegas to Reno race, on our truck. It was bent and the end piece was busted off, the bar still work 100% after we re attached it using bailing wire and zip ties. My bar throws light further than I will ever outrun in this truck, and throws it everywhere. I will try to find a picture of the 30" bar i referred to.

Edit: Here it is
vuvebejy.jpg

This is what it looked like before the crash
hehepyhy.jpg

You can't see it but the bar was actually bent backwards as well. Still work perfectly

All options you mentioned will be excellent bars, no doubt. However The bar a chose is the one that I will be able to use for the rest of my life without fear of it breaking. Watch this torture video where they do much worse to the bars than I ever will.

Tortured - Rigid Industries - YouTube

Last edited:
OP
OP
Donk74

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch!!!!

And thanks. How's the width of the beam pattern on your 30"

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Also noticed all the duallys On your rig. Are you using those to widen your light pattern for cornering as opposed to mixed pattern LED bars?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch!!!!

And thanks. How's the width of the beam pattern on your 30"

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Also noticed all the duallys On your rig. Are you using those to widen your light pattern for cornering as opposed to mixed pattern LED bars?

The pattern on the 30" is extremely wide. We've got lots of lights on that thing because of the ridiculous speeds it can reach. On my truck I have a single 40" and it's more light than I'll ever use. I don't even outrun it on the desolate highway to my ranch.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There may be less expensive versions available, but I beleive Rigid is the highest quality you can buy.

They are made in the USA and meet Military grade standards.

I know at least one other comparable version and they are made in China.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There may be less expensive versions available, but I beleive Rigid is the highest quality you can buy.

They are made in the USA and meet Military grade standards.

I know at least one other comparable version and they are made in China.

This, also the guys from Rigid are great people. Give em a call and ask em about their products. They'll chat with you and answer any questions.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new high power LED bars (OnX and EvoPrime) are tempting, but my 20" E-Series has been flawless. I would have preferred to order it with full spot vs spot/flood combo. For myself it's mostly highway (relatively remote community) and I need all the distance I can get. My bar is the combo and I feel I would be happier with 100% spot. I'm sure you'd be totally fine with a combo 40".

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the VisionX Xmitter Extreme... and it's an AMAZING bar.

I have the 43" model with 38,500 lumens in a spot beam. The light itself projects a VERY nice beam straight in front of the truck (which I wanted). I found the scattered lights of the fog beam VERY distracting on high speed trails. The less lit up on the sides of the truck, the better in my opinion.

If you want flood lighting, that would be best for the smaller 20" bar below! For the 40" bar, you want something that will throw some serious light a LONG distance. I've been off road at speeds up to 90-100mph at night, and NEVER felt like I was outrunning the light.

It's a beast. And they back it up with a lifetime warranty, which is a bonus of course.

Here's a short video of me on a trail at night. Keep in mind, the mount the bar was on was coming loose when I shot this, and you can see the beam "shaking" because of that... that's been fixed and it's solid as a rock now. Nuts weren't tight enough!

Ford Raptor Night Run (Land Rush 1000) - YouTube

It's almost hard for the camera to record it, because it's so bright! Just thought I'd share my opinion of my bar, couldn't be happier.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey donk74
Our products are all Made in America, backed by our lifetime warranty and torture tested in Baja with some extremely bad crashes and still working. 96 MPH Crash at 2012 Mint 400 - Big Ugly Racing -- updated - YouTube
The Onx LED bar has the distance of an 8” LaPaz with the smooth spread of an LED. No other light LED light can claim that. The OnX and Stealth would both be great options for you but if your looking for just a little more distance you can’t beat the OnX.
Some of the best drivers in the Off Road industry race and test our lights and don’t need to run as many lights as competitors while achieving a better light output. Some of the drivers are Bryce Menzies, Rick Johnson, All German Motorsports, Andy Mcmillin, Luke Mcmillin, Vildosola, and Doug Bigelow. This years Baja 1000 will be a game changer in the world of Off Road lighting!
Here’s a night shot of a 30" OnX puts out more light then other bars even larger in size
Onx4CellCombo_zpsa7f68a64.jpg

Something else that makes Baja Designs products great is our user changeable optics on our LED light bars. Anytime down the road the customer can change the beam pattern
nobody else offers that.
Also forum members receive 10% off there orders
Please let me know if you have any questions
Thanks
Mike
BD

Last edited: