Fuel wheels @ sdhq

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SDHQ GOODGUY

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GaugeB21.jpg

20x9 Flat Black Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5 4.50" BS
20x9 Flat Black Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5 5.00" BS
20x9 Flat Black Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5 5.50" BS
20x9 Flat Black Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5 5.75" BS

20x9 Flat Black Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5
20x9 Flat Black Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5

OP
OP
SDHQ GOODGUY

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GaugeB2BR.4.jpg

20x9 Flat Black W/ Machined Face Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5 4.50" BS
20x9 Flat Black W/ Machined Face Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5 5.00" BS
20x9 Flat Black W/ Machined Face Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5 5.50" BS
20x9 Flat Black W/ Machined Face Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5 5.57" BS

20x9 Flat Black w/ Machined Face Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5
20x9 Flat Black W/ Machined Face Fuel Gauge 6x135mm / 6x5.5

OP
OP
SDHQ GOODGUY

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the 6x5.5 4.50" BS, or 6x5.5 5.25" BS, or 6x5.5 mean??
If I wanted to get a set which ones should I go for?
Sorry new to buying wheels.

your stock wheels, have an offset of 6", so they are moved farther in than a wheel with a 4.5" bs, A 4.5" is going to be about an 1/2" out of the fender. so it all comes down to the stance you want, street or offroad.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
your stock wheels, have an offset of 6", so they are moved farther in than a wheel with a 4.5" bs, A 4.5" is going to be about an 1/2" out of the fender. so it all comes down to the stance you want, street or offroad.

So if it sticks out further from the wheel well is that an offroad stance?
If so that's what I'm looking for, I'd like for them to stick out a bit further but don't really want them to rub so what would be the ideal size for me to go with?

EAvila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if it sticks out further from the wheel well is that an offroad stance?
If so that's what I'm looking for, I'd like for them to stick out a bit further but don't really want them to rub so what would be the ideal size for me to go with?
Actually, the sticking out tires is more of a "street" feature where looks are more important than function. The tire can rub at full articulation or full left/right turn, so you want something closer to stock for no problems.

Assuming you're using a 9" wheel and 35x12.5x20 tires, go for the 14mm vs the 1mm option on the Fuels as this has been confirmed to not rub at all but still sticks out more than stock.

If truck is street only, and you don't care to have some rub pulling into parking spots or making u-turns, you could get an extra .5" of stance with the 1mm offset vs 14mm. The truck on the first page of the gallery on Fuel's web page has a 1mm offset. MHT Wheels Inc. : Gallery

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Actually, the sticking out tires is more of a "street" feature where looks are more important than function. The tire can rub at full articulation or full left/right turn, so you want something closer to stock for no problems.

Assuming you're using a 9" wheel and 35x12.5x20 tires, go for the 14mm vs the 1mm option on the Fuels as this has been confirmed to not rub at all but still sticks out more than stock.
If truck is street only, and you don't care to have some rub pulling into parking spots or making u-turns, you could get an extra .5" of stance with the 1mm offset vs 14mm. The truck on the first page of the gallery on Fuel's web page has a 1mm offset. MHT Wheels Inc. : Gallery

Yes Off Road use, so this sounds perfect.
Thanks for your help and Welcome!

graycobra

Reaction score

ummm no. the wider stance improves stability. we build rangers and other compacts with full width axles all the time not for street looks as these vehicles will never see the street. width equals stability essential to anything offroaded.