Biggest size i can put without lifting the car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

upscrazy8

FRF Addict
Reaction score
somebody start a vote. you could be safe right where the stock setting are. for a while.
are you selling your tires and wheels??

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
somebody start a vote. you could be safe right where the stock setting are. for a while.
are you selling your tires and wheels??

I'm not. I'm putting the 37s on my stock wheels, but not before I drive the stock BFGs down to the wire... :). I'm at 27K miles now. I'm hoping to get 6 more months at least out of them.

OP
OP
T

TamerSaad

Reaction score
What I've gathered is the mid perch mod should allow me to mount 37s (I'm leaning towards Goodyears with Kevlar 37x12.5x7) on my stock rims and have no issues with daily driving. I may need to do some minor trimming if I decide to go off road.

Did I get this right?

Nop, I have been told many times that there is no way to put the 37" tires without changing front fenders to get more wheel clearance and more fender flare as well, or u will have lots of friction going on between the tires and the fender lining.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I've gathered is the mid perch mod should allow me to mount 37s (I'm leaning towards Goodyears with Kevlar 37x12.5x7) on my stock rims and have no issues with daily driving. I may need to do some minor trimming if I decide to go off road.

Did I get this right?

Yes, mostly correct. You need to find out what the overall tire height is...

For example, I am running, along with several other members, the BFG AT 37x12.5x17 which measure in at 36.3, and when mounted and load put on the tires measure in just a tad over 35 inches...not all tires are created or sized equally. Do you research. And be prepared for some liner rubbing when turning and braking at the same time...nothing major, but be ready to trim if need be.

Nop, I have been told many times that there is no way to put the 37" tires without changing front fenders to get more wheel clearance and more fender flare as well, or u will have lots of friction going on between the tires and the fender lining.

I would stop asking whoever you are asking about putting 37s on a Raptor...i was able to drive around town just fine with just the mid perch setting on the front shocks with very minor contact of the tire to the liner. But I plan on off roading it so i did some good trimming behind the liner.

Attachments

• 20140103_141231.jpg
    20140103_141231.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 20140103_141157.jpg
    20140103_141157.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 143

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That's if your flexing off road. For daily driving most of what I've read says it's ok. I guess I'll find out!

:pepper:

Spider

Reaction score
I have a 2014 supercrew I intend on putting Feul Hostage 20" x 10" rims. With the front at mid perch, and 35" tires, what is the widest tire could run without rubbing?

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

I would ad, without compromising the suspension performance parameters

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you can, and should run anything you want. The secret, cutout anything that gets in your way. This includes the firewall, inner fender liners ETC ETC...send pics when you are done! This is how we did it after some level of wasted time with rubbing, triming, rubbing ...damit, hand me the plasma cutter....all better now. Oh, and ditch the stock fenders, we went with Glassworks but you have other options. and have fun w the mods!