Biggest size i can put without lifting the car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TamerSaad

Reaction score
Gurus,
What is the biggest size of Wheels & Tires i can put without having to lift the car?
i have a super crew 2013, brand new.
Also i would appreciate your thoughts on lifting, what are possible risks? i drive my kids to school daily, just before school we get into a desert area to skip a very long line of cars (best part of our day) :waytogo:
so i use it on road and off road daily.
Appreciate your inputs, but in English please, no sophisticated terms or abbreviations :burnout:

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gurus,
What is the biggest size of Wheels & Tires i can put without having to lift the car?
i have a super crew 2013, brand new.
Also i would appreciate your thoughts on lifting, what are possible risks? i drive my kids to school daily, just before school we get into a desert area to skip a very long line of cars (best part of our day) :waytogo:
so i use it on road and off road daily.
Appreciate your inputs, but in English please, no sophisticated terms or abbreviations :burnout:

This is definitely not a "Car" - Go stand in the corner and think about what you've just said...

Awesome way to get them to school!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
^ lol

There are a lot of wheel/tire threads in the wheel/tire section. It all comes down to which combination. Some may rub while others may not. 37s will require some form of modification. You could run them without doing anything but I wouldn't do anything off pavement like that.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1st: It's not a car (As stated before)
2nd: You're on the wrong forum if you want to talk about lifting a Raptor or a car
3rd: If you don't want to adjust the front coilovers, then you are running the biggest tires you should run.

But there is a pretty good thread about the 37 BFG ATs, i'm sure a search will turn it up.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFG AT's run smaller than the stated diameter. Stock 35" are really 34.5". So you can up in size. Stick with something safe for your kids :)

OP
OP
T

TamerSaad

Reaction score
This is definitely not a "Car" - Go stand in the corner and think about what you've just said...

Awesome way to get them to school!

Hahahahah OK OK i learned my mistake, not a car, it is a mighty monster :) :) :)

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

1st: It's not a car (As stated before)
2nd: You're on the wrong forum if you want to talk about lifting a Raptor or a car
3rd: If you don't want to adjust the front coilovers, then you are running the biggest tires you should run.

But there is a pretty good thread about the 37 BFG ATs, i'm sure a search will turn it up.

no, i am not in favor of lifting my "Raptor" :) i have read yesterday that i can put 37" provided that i change the front bumpers and do something called "mid perch in front suspension"???!!!! can you help me in understanding that Perch thing???

OP
OP
T

TamerSaad

Reaction score
Hahahahah OK OK i learned my mistake, not a car, it is a mighty monster :) :) :)

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

no, i am not in favor of lifting my "Raptor" :) i have read yesterday that i can put 37" provided that i change the front bumpers and do something called "mid perch in front suspension"???!!!! can you help me in understanding that Perch thing???

Please read what Texasmotorx say about how to add 37" do you agree on that Perch thing and on changing front bumpers???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 11.45.28 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 11.45.28 AM.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 369

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO mid-perch is a must. Looks better and rides better. First mod I did. The Fox racing shocks come with three settings. There are grooves in the shocks and the springs can be moved up or down adding or reducing compression. This also raises or lowers the truck. From the factory the rear is on mid-perch and the front is on low-perch. Most move the front up to match the rear. It levels out the truck and gives it a more comfortable ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TamerSaad

Reaction score
IMO mid-perch is a must. Looks better and rides better. First mod I did. The Fox racing shocks come with three settings. There are grooves in the shocks and they can be moved up or down. From the factory the rear is on mid-perch and the front is on low-perch. Most move the front up to match the rear. It levels out the truck and gives it a more comfortable ride.

Thanks a lot for your explanation, much appreciated.