"Trust 5 Star"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
How good is Mike? Well, I just loaded an 87 Performance Tune to my truck. For some of you this means nothing...for those who know, then it says a lot. Anyway, I'm back in the tuner saddle.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
I'm ass-u-ming you took off your first tuner from JDM cause of a bad experience??? Bedsides the one where you had to get it towed to re-flash the computer

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hows it feel? Any comparison to tow/haul/ass mode?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing that I find very impressive about Mike @ 5 Star.

He checks and replys to emails on Saturdays and Sundays!! :peace:

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I'm ass-u-ming you took off your first tuner from JDM cause of a bad experience??? Bedsides the one where you had to get it towed to re-flash the computer
I took off that tune and returned the entire device after that experience. Not only was I unhappy with the results of the tune but the mishap I had sealed the deal to remove it and never go back.
Hows it feel? Any comparison to tow/haul/ass mode?

Feels great. Mike dialed in the shift firmness just right which gets rid of all that slop/slipping. It shifts gears quickly and with a purpose now, but it's not overly aggressive where it makes you spill your morning coffee.

As far as the revs, it grabs an extra few at top end and gets to the next gear quicker which definitely improves the seat of the pants quickness. I am also liking how the throttle response is almost doubled where 1/4 throttle now gets her to rear back and go like 1/2 throttle did before. To the floor is a bonus, it opens up like a beast now.

Very happy so far and it's also idling smoother than it did before(which i can't explain, but it does).

Mike took what was a bad memory for me and did a 180*. The point is I said before I would never put a tune on my truck again...well I trusted Mike and now I'm a believer.

I have much respect for JDM and they weren't horrible, but Mike is just better at what he does.