Stage 3 Now Offering Limited Powertrain Warranties for 5-Star's Custom Tuning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is awesome. It's basically a small insurance policy. For folks who are risk averse this is a good option. Proof will be in how claims are handled. But the fact that it's even an option is kinda cool.

D

Deleted member 12951

Liken this option. Who does the warranty work on this plan though if your Ford dealership denies it? Does the dealer still do it but reimbursed by this 3rd party warranty? Would like to see the contract details on this.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It says "offroad downpipes/missing cat's" not covered. Does that mean that if I install my catless SW longpipes and install the 5 star 93 performance tune, then blow the engine and trans I am SOL?

OP
OP
5star

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I do oil changes myself, does this "disqualify" me?

no sir this does not disqualify you

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Liken this option. Who does the warranty work on this plan though if your Ford dealership denies it? Does the dealer still do it but reimbursed by this 3rd party warranty? Would like to see the contract details on this.

ford will do the repair no matter cost is covered either way

more details are here on Stage 3 site
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/assets/images/5Star Warranty Stuff/Warranty Legalese v9.pdf

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

It says "offroad downpipes/missing cat's" not covered. Does that mean that if I install my catless SW longpipes and install the 5 star 93 performance tune, then blow the engine and trans I am SOL?

correct NO Cats NO Warranty , must have Cats on Vehicle.