Shifting Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
First off, this tune transforms the feel of the truck and throttle. So much better now! The downshifting when slowing down surprised me, never had a tune do that before on gas! Still getting use to that, but pretty cool engine braking.

My question is the shifting. When just normal driving, it seems to hold the RPM's for about a 1s before shifting. It's kind of annoying because it seems like it should be shifting. Is there a way to change this so it doesn't hold the RPM as long?

Thanks!!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"This tune." What tune would you be referring to, exactly? Ya gotta tell us enough so that we'll all know what we're talking about!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Give mike a call. He'll answer any questions. With the performance tune I assumed it holds the gear so you have instant throttle response if you step on it versus having to downshift and them go.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Thanks man! Just weird when I'm barely in the throttle, makes me wish I had the stock muffler so I didn't have to hear it.