Sct x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not mine. Good friend is dealer/tuner around here and had some on his desk so I could not resist. I'm getting the 5-Star tunes though.

Could have saved maybe a couple hundred dollars buying the thing through 5-Star. If you know you are going to use their tunes that is definitely the way to go. Wish I was a patient man.

If only I could get the thing to connect/talk to this damn computer. I hate Windows, I really think I do. SCT needs to make a Mac interface. If anyone is having issues read this for starters.

SCT X4 Won't Connect

Sea la madre.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not mine. Good friend is dealer/tuner around here and had some on his desk so I could not resist. I'm getting the 5-Star tunes though.

Could have saved maybe a couple hundred dollars buying the thing through 5-Star. If you know you are going to use their tunes that is definitely the way to go. Wish I was a patient man.

If only I could get the thing to connect/talk to this damn computer. I hate Windows, I really think I do. SCT needs to make a Mac interface. If anyone is having issues read this for starters.

SCT X4 Won't Connect

Sea la madre.

Have you tried running it on bootcamp or just installed a virtual pc instead of installing bootcamp?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will probably end up doing just that. But had available this relatively new Toshiba with Win 8 that my son uses for school. Thought maybe that would be the quickest way to set it up to buy the 5-Star tunes. Wrong. Lol. Will give it another shot after work today since the computer did need the updates done anyway.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

By the way I did load/program the truck with the included SCT 87oct tune with my friends computer. It is truly a big difference. Much MUCH better. More powerful, better shifting and seems significantly less fuel hungry. Made the cake and eating it too type thing. Very happy indeed.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
http://www.5startuning.com/wp-content/uploads/Windows-8.1-Drivers-How-to.pdf

These guys are the best. Since they solved my issue "without lifting a finger" just got the 3 map deal. And just like that, I'm their newest customer, period!!

:everything:

Many searches and the answers were, as usual, worked out for us right under our noses. Thanks!!

When you say solved your issue, do you mean you were able to upload the tunes to the tuner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I have not received the 5-Star tunes I bought through Stage 3 Motorsports. But the Windows 8.1 computer was able to recognize and communicate with the X4. I was able to download the stock tune file to the PC.

I have always dealt with custom tunes on my cars. Contrary to the usual I have never used an email tune, this is my first :waytogo: .

I was also unaware that there is such thing as a mysterious "strategy code" :Angry:

Stage 3 did not ask for it when ordering through their website so I am guessing they will email me with the question before the files are even sent. I suppose it will be longer than expected for me to upload files to the tuner and from there to the truck.

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loaded my 87 Performance tune last night. Went from stock tune to the SCT bundled tune. This did make a difference. Seemed like better fuel economy, more power and bettef trans control. Filled up on it and two days later got my new tunes. So, with plenty of 87 left I could not load the Perf 93 I wanted. BUT... With the 87 Perf tune I see a fair amount of difference. More power for sure. Bottom line a faster truck. I need space for a proper burnout lol. Loving it really.