SCT Tuner Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jutrast

Reaction score
I purchased an SCT Tuner from 5 Star and have been pleased with it. I put the stock tune back on for a dealer visit, and I think they flashed the PCM.

Without thinking, I put the performance tune back on... Do you think the tuner copied the NEW stock program before replacing it?

Thanks,
Toby

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased an SCT Tuner from 5 Star and have been pleased with it. I put the stock tune back on for a dealer visit, and I think they flashed the PCM.

Without thinking, I put the performance tune back on... Do you think the tuner copied the NEW stock program before replacing it?

Thanks,
Toby

Sure... Tuners download the stock calibration into it. The tuner adds the changes to the stock calibration and uploads it back into the vehicle and stores the stock calibration. Reason you cant tune more than one vehicle with it... If your truck runs with the new tune its all good. Only thing you might have wanted to do was drive the new dealer flash for a few weeks... If it were me I would go back to stock and drive it foe w while then reflash...

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it will copy the stock tune each time you re-tune it.

If you go from say 89 performance to 93 performance, it will not re-copy the stock tune since it's still in the device memory.

If you go from 89 performance to stock and then from stock to 89 or 93 or whatever, it will re-copy the stock tune from within the truck.

OP
OP
jutrast

jutrast

Reaction score
They re-flashed the PCM when troubleshooting a transmission issue that kept putting the truck into limp mode... Turns out it was a broken connector on the wiring harness that intermittently lost communication with the PCM.