sct tuner and Mac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone know if i can use my mac laptop running Lion os to update the sct tuner and to load email tunes? or do i need to use a pc? i havent taken it out of the box in my garage since i recieved it a few months back. thanks,

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
anyone know if i can use my mac laptop running Lion os to update the sct tuner and to load email tunes? or do i need to use a pc? i havent taken it out of the box in my garage since i recieved it a few months back. thanks,

If it behaves as a USB attached storage device (like a thumb drive/USB hard disk) it'll be no problem.

If it actually has Windows software, you'll need to get a copy of Windows and virtualization software. Stuff like Virtualbox (http://virtualbox.org) will let Windows software take complete control of a USB device if you allow it. The downside is you need to install a copy of Windows (XP works great for this). It's a lot quicker to get into/out of (and smaller disk-space-wise) than using Boot Camp.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have parallels 6 to run windows xp on my Mac. Couldn't get it to work. Had to boot up into vista via bootcamp to get it updated.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I have parallels 6 to run windows xp on my Mac. Couldn't get it to work. Had to boot up into vista via bootcamp to get it updated.

Have never tried using Parallels, but in VirtualBox you have to specifically associate the USB device with the virtual machine. I was able to program my old GM truck using EFILive with this setup, and EFILive had its own USB drivers.

OP
OP
neveo

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have a mac { no boot camp/windows running on it} at home and pc in my office, which one is easier to or better to use with the act x3 tuner. ? thanks,