Plug and play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you guys tune a vehicle without it being on your dyno? IE i tell you my mods and you tailor it to me? I really want to know because i want to install headers and don't want to have to take it to a shop to get tuned afterwards.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to do it right please have it custom tuned with a good individual who has tuned Raptors before..he should have some of the basics already setup before he makes you pulls...he will need a Dyno along with some street time data logging the information...

I am guessing about 3 hours and around $300 for a custom tune plus Dyno time...

OP
OP
nohel

nohel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only one close to me is Livernios which i know they know what they are doing. just don't want to pay the $600. since my tuning knowledge is sub par would it be ok driving for about an hour before it got tuned?

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mike @ 5-star has "Off the Shelf" tunes for a variety of setups... including headers, intakes, etc.

You'll have a safe tune, with decent performance gain.

However, to get the absolute MOST power out of any setup, a custom tune is always required. By using an "Off the Shelf" tune, you always leave a little extra HP on the table, for safety.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either way is a good option...if it was me I would pay the $600 and get the folks Livernois to tune the truck...being only an hour away from you makes it a no brainier in my mind...

Who knows maybe they can go ahead and throw on a blower too...

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No problem tuning for headers, been there done that a few times. ;)
No issues with dyno tuning either go with who has worked with 6.2 L motors.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike,

So lets say I want to put headers on...do y'all install and would you Dyno Tune or is that overkill?

Plus you are within driving distance from us...just saying