How do you get the LWU firmware file?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been messing around trying to get an email tune loaded and I can't seem to update the firmware. I'm using a PC with Windows 8.1, which may be the problem? (Or it could be that I'm not smart enough to operate the computer...)

I've gone through the entire process step by step several times but I can't get the drivers loaded for my device. (SCT SF3) I have downloaded the SCTDeviceUpdater.exe file but can't extract anything. If I run the file it shows everything being installed just fine but the device still shows no driver. When I open the device updater, no device is recognized. If I try the update firmware button, I don't have a .lwu firmware file to download.

I'm guessing that I'm missing a pretty easy step but it is sure kicking my ass! I was hoping to get this done before Monday when 5Star opens back up so I'm hoping someone on here knows the deal?

Last edited:
OP
OP
justcozz

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My exhaustive internet research has concluded that you can't easily connect an SCT tuner with windows 8.1. The drivers for the device aren't compatible and there aren't any updated drivers that I've found.

I guess I'll start asking my friends to see who has an older OS/ computer and try that angle. Worst case, I'll see if I can have SCT remotely install things on Monday.

Someone needs to drag SCT into the Mac world. This PC stuff is ridiculous!