Hennessey tune for 91 and Intake back to stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am returning my tune back to stock.

Before I do, is there a tune I can try for a "stock" raptor when I put the OEM intake back on that keeps the cool shift patterns, etc?

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I got my tune from them 03/11 (removed it and use 5 Star now) it did not do anything to the transmission shift points or pressures.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why would you do this

3 reasons are attached to my post. They told me to make my own rubber mount since the engine moves so much and I do things they have seen no other raptor owner do.

I am getting an AFE with a oiled and a second dry filter that I can swap out.

Attachments

• IMAG0536.jpg
    IMAG0536.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0475.jpg
    IMAG0475.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0432.jpg
    IMAG0432.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 445

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
oh you have broken their mount 3 times so they told you to make your own?

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, since the flex of the engine under extreme conditions is unique to only me, they said I'm on my own. They told me to use a rubber exhaust hanger and make something. I emailed him back asking where I could resell a broken unit, etc. and that I am going to AFE.

414FRU3pD5L._SL160_.jpg

They sent me a new K&N and mount the first time it broke. The second time the bracket bent and the nut came off they couldnt do much, so I told them I used a jam nut, etc. (that incident dented the new filter). Then now the mount broke again, and they said I am too hard on it and I need to make something that can give more after he talked to the engineer.

I bought the truck in Dec, intake in January. First break was in Feb. Bent/missing washer was in March, the last break was over this weekend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's the same tune box thingy

Can I download the other tune?

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

I heard back from Mike at Hennessey,
"I’m sorry our set up did not work for you. You may be able to sell it, or you may want to hang on to it in case you need a quick fix on the trail. AFE makes a good product. We use it on our Dodge builds. I hope it can hold up to the beating that you put on it. Can you keep me informed how it holds up. That way if we have this issue again I can suggest the AFE."

How much can I get for an intake tube with clamps and 2 semi-smashed K&N's and 2 broken mounting brackets? lol I might hang on to the tuner if it works without the intake. (their website says its a stock tune or for intake/exhaust.)

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that is what I'm going to put on mine AFE 5 stare tune headers you can put the tune on with the stalk intake just won't make any difference or that much or as much of a difference imo

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

a tune would work the same with airrade, valiant, AFE, K&N what ever it is safer to run with out a tune but I think most are safe unless you have tweaked it your self so yes be careful with a tune if you need help look up advice so all I'm saying is yes you can hurt a vehicle with a tune so know what you are doing. as fare as what CAI you have, as long as you have a good filter that has a good sealed

Last edited: