Drive By Wire Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a tune/mod you can incorporate into the ECU enabling a more direct relationship between throttle input & throttle body positioning?
I would be much happier to have a throttle that reacts more like a carburetor in regards to throttle control.
Thanks

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the tunes can adjust how the throttle body responds to your foot. if say stock is 0-100% throttle, and 10% down on the pedal means the throttle body is 10% open....the tunes can make it so 10% down on the pedal is 20% open on the throttle body. i know that's kind of a crappy explanation but you get the point.

OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking more linear? If so just put it in ORM.

Yeah, I was aware of that, but I do not want to have to put it in off-road every time I get in the truck.

the tunes can adjust how the throttle body responds to your foot. if say stock is 0-100% throttle, and 10% down on the pedal means the throttle body is 10% open....the tunes can make it so 10% down on the pedal is 20% open on the throttle body. i know that's kind of a crappy explanation but you get the point.

My point was to make it more linear, without the lag time it experiences now. It really sucks when you leave a stoplight & you either bog slowly or it jumps forward like your trying to race........recently happened to me with a PO sitting next to me at a stoplight.:crazy:

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your always going to have the drive by wire feeling... you can make the throttle so sensitive that it will just be too sensitive.. WE tuned a 2012 model last week and it was actually pretty good on the throttle for me. Give me a call if you have any other questions

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your always going to have the drive by wire feeling... you can make the throttle so sensitive that it will just be too sensitive.. WE tuned a 2012 model last week and it was actually pretty good on the throttle for me. Give me a call if you have any other questions

An updated tune for a 2012, you got my attention! Even with performance tune, it feels better more like a holley four barrel with leaking vacuum secondary... :)

-Greg

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
who are you? so i can pull up your file and look LOL:waytogo: And what tune do you run most of the time?