Another believer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In your opinions would it be worth an 87 tune? We only have 87, 89 and 91 here. The kick in the pants is that 87 is 5.60 per gallon. I don't even look at the 91 prices as I can't justify it as my daily driver which gets lots of miles through the week that I like to play in.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In your opinions would it be worth an 87 tune? We only have 87, 89 and 91 here. The kick in the pants is that 87 is 5.60 per gallon. I don't even look at the 91 prices as I can't justify it as my daily driver which gets lots of miles through the week that I like to play in.

Holy shit $5.60 a gallon. You guys need to drill some holes in the ground up there!

Mjr372

Reaction score
When do you guys switch tunes from 87-89-91-93 and why. is it just for when you fill the truck with that gas. can you have the same tune all around and what flash device is everybody using. I plan on buying from mike but just don't know what tune to get. was thinking 89 for performance,econo,per/tow then a performance 91-93 with the livewire ts 5015 flash device. What you think. Thanks

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will see an increase in MPG's with the economy tunes. If you run the performance tune you most likely won't switch back to the economy because the truck is so much more fun to drive.

OP
OP
russm

russm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what Locktech said.
If I am going to go see family and take the truck, I will install the 87 economy tune as it is a 600 mile drive. Other than that, I cannot keep the smile off my face with the 91 performance tune.
Yes, you will noticed a difference with the 87 performance tune.
I dealt with Mike and he answered all of my questions and provided me with the best tunes based upon my vehicle.