AFE CAI vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen someone else post that they thought the AFE CAI had a weird vibration when giving it some gas. A few people commented that is just how it is when you remove the resonator. I guess I accepted that for a while, but not completely. Then this past weekend, I was looking at the CAI near the lid and noticed the 2 clamps that held the original filter in place seem to be loose. In fact, they don't really hold down the filter end of the CAI, and the entire head of the CAI moves around.

Does anyone else notice this? Is there something I can do to get the two clamps to hold tightly? I suspect this may be why a few of us think there is a little too much of the vibration feel with the CAI.

P.S. I've marked up a photo from the 5 STAR website. This is not a picture of my engine.

Attachments

• afe-cold-air-intake-system-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-v8-62l.jpg
    afe-cold-air-intake-system-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-v8-62l.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 67

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I've seen someone else post that they thought the AFE CAI had a weird vibration when giving it some gas. A few people commented that is just how it is when you remove the resonator. I guess I accepted that for a while, but not completely. Then this past weekend, I was looking at the CAI near the lid and noticed the 2 clamps that held the original filter in place seem to be loose. In fact, they don't really hold down the filter end of the CAI, and the entire head of the CAI moves around.

Does anyone else notice this? Is there something I can do to get the two clamps to hold tightly? I suspect this may be why a few of us think there is a little too much of the vibration feel with the CAI.

P.S. I've marked up a photo from the 5 STAR website. This is not a picture of my engine.

wow your engine looks so clean

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2