87 tune vs 93 tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes. i guess i should of explained better. what is the difference in power with the 6.2 if u dyno a 87 octane tune on 87 octane gas and a 93 octane tune runnning 93 octane gas

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not an expert but I would say 93. Octane is the the ability to resist combustion therfore the 93 Octane would require more liquid to compress before it combusts. And create more power.

raccol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I ran a tank of half of 93 through my truck before hitting the dyno. Something is either wrong with my truck or my tune because it actually ran better with the 87 performance tune than the 93 performance tune. I haven't run the 93 tune since. I'm sure it's an anomaly but a little disappointed in the 93 tune.

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I ran a tank of half of 93 through my truck before hitting the dyno. Something is either wrong with my truck or my tune because it actually ran better with the 87 performance tune than the 93 performance tune. I haven't run the 93 tune since. I'm sure it's an anomaly but a little disappointed in the 93 tune.

Is this a fluke thing or has anyone else had this issue?

Did mike try to resolve this for u?

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Give me a call if your having issues with 93 tune, some times you can add or subtract timing through your user options and it makes the difference.