5star Intake and Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 5star intake came in the mail today. It took me longer to install the new tunes that went with the intake than it did to install the intake. Quality looks great the blue matches my truck. Its snowing out and the new found power was too much for 2wd. Put it in 4x4 got on the clean and dry I29 going down the on ramp it felt real good. Its louder than stock but not horribly loud. I will test it out better when the weather is better. Thanks Mike great product.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I kinda started getting worried when I installed mine on how long it was taking
to install. But when I installed the second tune for 91 gas saver it only took 1/4 of the time.
It just had to load the stock tune first onto the X3.
I'd say about half hour to 3/4's of an hour to do.

OP
OP
trolls56

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I already had one of his tunes on my truck I had to return it to stock then put the new tunes on the tuner then it has to download the stock tune again then put the new tune on. Oh and I had to install the SCT software on my laptop too. Nothing difficult just took longer than it took me to install the intake.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Well I already had one of his tunes on my truck I had to return it to stock then put the new tunes on the tuner then it has to download the stock tune again then put the new tune on. Oh and I had to install the SCT software on my laptop too. Nothing difficult just took longer than it took me to install the intake.

What's the SCT software for?