5 star with custom tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, can I take advantage of the 5 start trany shift points if we are already running a custom tune?

LMR Tuned the whipple on the dyno but I'd like to update the Trans shift points with the 5 star tune.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did they not tune the tranny when they tuned everything else? Seems like something that they should have done to help it shift a lot smoother with that much power runnin through it

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I believe so, I think I'm going off a post where I read where the guys at 5 Star worked with the tuner to integrate his shift points and Trans pressures. Maybe I missed something...

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh ok so you're looking for a better tune then. Got it. Yea man hit up mike there might e a way to just download a tune just for te transmission but I'm not sure haha I don't know too much about tuning myself that's why I got my 5star tunes lol

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Mike about a tune for a whipple SC, I did not get a feeling that he would write a tune without having the truck to test and dyno.

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok so you're looking for a better tune then. Got it. Yea man hit up mike there might e a way to just download a tune just for te transmission but I'm not sure haha I don't know too much about tuning myself that's why I got my 5star tunes lol

Ya bro I think the Trans could drop a gear down low. I know it's tryn for fuel economy but it hangs in 4th to long IMO. It does this skip shift thing going from 2nd to 4th. I know it's to save gas but fug it...

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

I spoke to Mike about a tune for a whipple SC, I did not get a feeling that he would write a tune without having the truck to test and dyno.

I'm sure he would too man but I'm not looking for fuel or timing just shift points. I just need to call him.