5.4L Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I have had my tuner for while but, I didn't install it until last week... Just returned from a trip to Nashville and I am very impressed with the way the tuner has controlled the shifting in the transmission. While on cruise the trans would down shift way to much. On 90% on the hills it would change gears and really annoyed me. The tuner has totally removed the annoying downshifting from the equation... The truck performs as if I would have calibrated it myself...

The tunes I have are 87 econo, 87 tow and 93 performance and I ran the 87 economy tune this week. Average 18.9 running 70mph for the 1300 mile trip and really am satisfied with the MPG... I had to work the truck myself to get mileage like that at that speed its nice to just set the cruise and let it go. I can get better MPG when I slow down. I am heading to Michigan the end of this month and I plan to try to get the best MPG I can and will report the results later.

Want to say thanks to 5 Star for their calibration work on this tuner for the 5.4L... Great job guys!!!

Banned
Reaction score
That's awesome. 5.4 really is better...

-Posted with my iPhone.

Banned
Reaction score
Hahaha I really have no idea why my username is 6.2

-Posted with my iPhone.