2012 Raptor - Which Tuner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pearlygates59

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2012 Ford Raptor and want to put a tuner in it. I do a lot of hard off road driving in the desert here in the UAE so want to optimise torque.
I'm confused as to what tuner to buy (been recommended SCT or Bullydog - apparently the Bullydog GT has more features but unsure if it can host custom tunes).
Also do I need custom tunes or are the stock tunes ok?
Finally we have high octane fuel here (95); is a 91 tune ok?
I don't want all the bells and whistles - just an increase in HP, torque and throttle response, with an economy option for on road driving.
Finally I have a magnaflow exhaust but stock air filter. Is an upgrade genuinely worth it, and if so what's the recommendation? Roush? AFE?! Does any work better with the tuners?
Thanks all!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 and use SCT X3 with 5 STAR Tune (93 Performance). I put in a Volant CAI System w/ Powercore Dry Filter with Volant Pre-Filter and Ram Air Scoop. I have tried both SVC and 5 STAR tunes, but always go back to 5 STAR 93 PERF tune. Recommend going with custom tune, if they can't adjust things to work with 95 Octane, at least you could get a 93 Octane tune. Worth every penny.

OP
OP
pearlygates59

pearlygates59

Reaction score
I have a 2012 and use SCT X3 with 5 STAR Tune (93 Performance). I put in a Volant CAI System w/ Powercore Dry Filter with Volant Pre-Filter and Ram Air Scoop. I have tried both SVC and 5 STAR tunes, but always go back to 5 STAR 93 PERF tune. Recommend going with custom tune, if they can't adjust things to work with 95 Octane, at least you could get a 93 Octane tune. Worth every penny.
Hey - many thanks!

What sort of performance increase did you get (hp and torque)?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its not the horse power so much but the whole demeanor of the truck that changes. Your shift becomes more precise, it holds gears longer and the truck becomes more responsive.

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

The X3/X4 would be good options for the truck. Tunes can be created for the octane you have access to, and if a tune(s) is not quite where you wanted it to be, then you can request we revise them/it for you. Happy to answer further questions if you have them!