Livernois 6.6L 400ci Longblock Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What kinda numbers are you expecting?

I don't see why NA that motor couldn't easily put down 550 and last forever. My reference is from LSx motors, so I could be off. A cam/heads LS3 hits 500 at the wheels and a cammed bolt on LS7 hits 550.

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see why NA that motor couldn't easily put down 550 and last forever. My reference is from LSx motors, so I could be off. A cam/heads LS3 hits 500 at the wheels and a cammed bolt on LS7 hits 550.

Damn that would be awesome. Reliability of na and nice power boost.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very possible. Livernois got roughly 500 out of the stock 6.2 with their cams, headers/exhaust, intake and tune. With the extra cubes, better machining then factory, and head work on this one, 550 n/a is probably very doable. Add some compression to this thing and it would really come alive n/a.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very possible. Livernois got roughly 500 out of the stock 6.2 with their cams, headers/exhaust, intake and tune. With the extra cubes, better machining then factory, and head work on this one, 550 n/a is probably very doable. Add some compression to this thing and it would really come alive n/a.

I think Livernois has a kit that bumps it up to 11:1

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a stout build. I'm sure the customer is going to be very happy with the final results.

I really wish Ford would make these engines with 4V heads. That would really wake them up.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kinda numbers are you expecting?

For the engine originally posted, I'm not sure. The customer is having a shop install and tune it. It has a D1, but I'm not sure how much boost they are going to run.

The one with the turbos was done last year by us and made 601 RHWP / 660 RWTQ at low boost.

The low compression one wouldn't make 550, but the 11:1 we offer should make good power.

Depending on cams, you can make 500 RWHP with an LS3 and 540 or so with a cam only LS7. We have several N/A head/cam 600-630 RWHP LS7's but the thing you have to remember about the trucks is all of the big heavy parts and massive drivetrain loss.

-Rick

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why about the cams and. Set of 456 gears. Bet the raptor would scream and still maintain daily drive ability