Livernois 6.2L Raptor CAI/Tune Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few months back, a local customer brought his 6.2L Raptor to us for a CAI install and custom dyno tune.

DSC_1344.jpg

DSC_1349.jpg

DSC_1340.jpg

In stock form, the truck baselined 326 RWHP / 332 RWTQ. After the dyno tune with no other modifications, it made 347 RWHP / 365 RWTQ.

We then installed a CAI and retuned the truck. With this being the only modification, it made 353 RWHP / 370 RWTQ.

In addition to the power increases, our transmission calibration made it feel like an entirely different truck. Shifts were crisp and firm and throttle response was greatly improved!

Stock vs. Livernois Motorsports Custom Dyno Tune

62raptorstkvtune-1.jpg

Stock vs. CAI & Livernois Motorsports Custom Dyno Tune

62raptorstkvcai-1.jpg

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

robmax72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I just have to comment on this!

The exposed air filter can't be a good idea! Mine is stock and i've had to replace it in the month i've had it and am already looking at replacing it again!

Now it's no secret that I take mine off road ALOT! and one of the things i've noticed is even though the air is pulled from the wheel well, that is a very dirty place. That being said, my engine compartment gets horribly dirty all the time! I would have to believe that putting in an exposed air filter would be an open invitation to weekly cleanings.

I will say i'm looking at the Volant dry filter option, however, i'm still trying to figure out how to keep the big stuff out of the box.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that an open filter would likely get dirty pretty quickly with a lot of off road duty. Luckily it is a re-usable filter, it would just need to be cleaned often.

-Rick

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
OK I just have to comment on this!

The exposed air filter can't be a good idea! Mine is stock and i've had to replace it in the month i've had it and am already looking at replacing it again!

Now it's no secret that I take mine off road ALOT! and one of the things i've noticed is even though the air is pulled from the wheel well, that is a very dirty place. That being said, my engine compartment gets horribly dirty all the time! I would have to believe that putting in an exposed air filter would be an open invitation to weekly cleanings.

I will say i'm looking at the Volant dry filter option, however, i'm still trying to figure out how to keep the big stuff out of the box.

Agreed - I pulled mine after a hard run offroad and it was caked with mud. Wheelwell was not the best selection of spots to put the intake vent if the front wheels can spin...

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
So is that air intake(i hesitate to call it a cold air intake) produced by you guys?

Andy@Livernois

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So is that air intake(i hesitate to call it a cold air intake) produced by you guys?

No, it actually is not The customer supplied it for us to install it. I am unsure of the brand. We have toyed around with the idea of making one, but with more companies coming out with their own (such as airaid) it probably will not be necessary.