Cam kit pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on this. Not trying to start problems but just understand livernoise reasoning.

On jan 20 of this year I expressed interest in the cam kit up grade minus headers since I all ready have them. I was quoted a price of $5850.00 including all taxes and install ( I will attach proposal if I can figure it out) I then sent them an email stating I was still interested and would like some more info on any reviews and updates on this kit, also was going to see if they could possibly discount the kit to be closer to the $5000 area. I am located in va and will be taking the truck to them as well. I then receive a email with a new proposal amount of $6550.00. I then asked why the price increase and Andy said it was due to materials raising there prices. I then compared the two proposals and the labor rose around $500 and Dyno time was another $100 or so. Materials rose about another $100 bucks as well. What I don't understand is there doesn't seem to be to much of a price raise in materials like Andy said it seems more of the fees raised. All this change has been within 8 months. I will attach both proposals. Once again I'm not trying to b*tch but I feel like there is some price gouging going on and it was aimed towards parts when clearly they have not changed. As a forum vendor and from a member trying to support our vendors I didnt like the shadyness. Maybe I'm over reacting and I am also horrible at this typing all this up. So let me know

Never mind I can't figure out how to attach things.. I would love to if someone could explain. I currently have them as an attach,ent by email.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on this. Not trying to start problems but just understand livernoise reasoning.

On jan 20 of this year I expressed interest in the cam kit up grade minus headers since I all ready have them. I was quoted a price of $5850.00 including all taxes and install ( I will attach proposal if I can figure it out) I then sent them an email stating I was still interested and would like some more info on any reviews and updates on this kit, also was going to see if they could possibly discount the kit to be closer to the $5000 area. I am located in va and will be taking the truck to them as well. I then receive a email with a new proposal amount of $6550.00. I then asked why the price increase and Rick said it was due to materials raising there prices. I then compared the two proposals and the labor rose around $500 and Dyno time was another $100 or so. Materials rose about another $100 bucks as well. What I don't understand is there doesn't seem to be to much of a price raise in materials like Rick said it seems more of the fees raised. All this change has been within 8 months. I will attach both proposals. Once again I'm not trying to b*tch but I feel like there is some price gouging going on and it was aimed towards parts when clearly they have not changed. As a forum vendor and from a member trying to support our vendors I didnt like the shadyness. Maybe I'm over reacting and I am also horrible at this typing all this up. So let me know

Never mind I can't figure out how to attach things.. I would love to if someone could explain. I currently have them as an attach,ent by email.

To attach you have to save the email as a rich text doc. Open email, copy all, open MS word or word pad in your accessories, paste all, save it, then load it here. This can be done using PDF..

Cubdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

On jan 20 of this year I expressed interest in the cam kit up grade minus headers since I all ready have them. I was quoted a price of $5850.00 including all taxes and install ( I will attach proposal if I can figure it out) I then sent them an email stating I was still interested and would like some more info on any reviews and updates on this kit, also was going to see if they could possibly discount the kit to be closer to the $5000 area. I am located in va and will be taking the truck to them as well. I then receive a email with a new proposal amount of $6550.00. I then asked why the price increase and Andy said it was due to materials raising there prices. I then compared the two proposals and the labor rose around $500 and Dyno time was another $100 or so. Materials rose about another $100 bucks as well. What I don't understand is there doesn't seem to be to much of a price raise in materials like Andy said it seems more of the fees raised. All this change has been within 8 months. I will attach both proposals. Once again I'm not trying to b*tch but I feel like there is some price gouging going on and it was aimed towards parts when clearly they have not changed. As a forum vendor and from a member trying to support our vendors I didnt like the shadyness. Maybe I'm over reacting and I am also horrible at this typing all this up. So let me know

They are the only ones to develope cams for the Raptor and have a had to go through tons of testing to get them to market. And as you know the Raptor market for $5000+ cams is very very small. I have spoken to them as i was looking to install them with my supercharger and Andy talked me out of it as unless they had the truck to tune it wouldnt work out for me. He could have sold the cams to me but i am thankful he is honest and didn't. I am in alaska and MI is to far to go.
If you were ok for with the $5800+ plus figure and the drive from VA for 40whp why wouldnt you get a Whipple/Roush supercharger for $7000 and get 140whp and not leave your garage?

OP
OP
M

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love the whipple kit but no one can tune for the long tube headers as I had mentioned. I spent 2 grand on that kit and about 12 hours of my time and all kinds of yelling and cussing installing them.

svtfamily619

Reaction score
I had Livernois install the cams, exhaust and intake package on my truck in march. It was hard to swallow the price for everything, but it was worth it after I heard the sound and have had a chance to put almost 5k miles on my truck.My truck sounds like a big block, and I have had zero problems with it so far. No doubt these guys know what they are doing and sometimes the price may reflect it.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Livernois install the cams, exhaust and intake package on my truck in march. It was hard to swallow the price for everything, but it was worth it after I heard the sound and have had a chance to put almost 5k miles on my truck.My truck sounds like a big block, and I have had zero problems with it so far. No doubt these guys know what they are doing and sometimes the price may reflect it.

So, you didnt think your truck sounded like a big block before this addition?

svtfamily619

Reaction score
:sunot:
So, you didnt think your truck sounded like a big block before this addition?

unfortunately no..bone stock it was quiet,and lacking in the power department. I know a 6.2L is maybe considered a big block to some people, but it sure as hell doesn't sound like an old carbed big block when it is stone stock.Thats just my opinion, it doesn't make it right.

OP
OP
M

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well with just the stainless works setup the truk sounds mean but was hoping to gain better mid range power and a stronger top end of the motor. And if you don't mind what was your price. It seems every person I have talked to has received a different "deal" assuming your should be close to 3000 more then my qoute as the exhaust setup is around 2000 and then 8to 10 hours of labor

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:sunot:

unfortunately no..bone stock it was quiet,and lacking in the power department. I know a 6.2L is maybe considered a big block to some people, but it sure as hell doesn't sound like an old carbed big block when it is stone stock.Thats just my opinion, it doesn't make it right.

Its cool... No biggie... I think it sounds great stock... I find it funny when people think this motor lacks in the power department... It has the same/more HP as a stock older big block...

svtfamily619

Reaction score
Well with just the stainless works setup the truk sounds mean but was hoping to gain better mid range power and a stronger top end of the motor. And if you don't mind what was your price. It seems every person I have talked to has received a different "deal" assuming your should be close to 3000 more then my qoute as the exhaust setup is around 2000 and then 8to 10 hours of labor

The whole package cost me $8500. I called them in February and put my deposit down for everything. It took a month to get the cams and exhaust parts in and set up an appointment to get in the shop. Once the truck was there it took them about a week and a half to get it done. Never had any issues with a price change. All though they did give me a shipping quote to have them transport the truck for me and at the last minute they realized that they didn't have a big enough trailer to fit the raptor on, so I had to find my own way of shipping it there, which was not a big deal.