Question on dually lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I purchased the Raptor set up with brace and twin duallys on each side. Perfect for driving and fog with ambers. Have had about two months when I noticed the dreaded condensation on the glass of one dually. Have tried running the light to heat up area and evaporate condensation with no luck. I really don't want to have to remove the light and return as it would be a Huge pain but I am hoping there is anther way to remove condensation. Any suggestion from Rigid or any of you experts?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rigid will exchange it as you know, but if you want to fix it yourself, you could take the front cover and glass off. Clean it and add some silicone on the rubber gasket to give it a better seal.

P.S. do this at your own risk, Rigid may void your warranty if you tamper with the light.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is what I am concerned with. I guess it will not go away with hot weather. Really a pain in the ass to have to remove it. I guess Rigid has no comment.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They have a vent in the back so it should dry up with better weather, also if you drive with the light on for an extended period that should help as well.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They have a vent in the back so it should dry up with better weather, also if you drive with the light on for an extended period that should help as well.

Thanks vetting. That is what I am hoping. The condensation is not bad but not sure how it will shorten life. Only one light out of four. Sure wish Rigid would step up to the plate and comment. I am like many others a good customer and would like to hear their comments and suggestions.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I understand they are very supportive of their customers. I was just hoping I could do something to help remove the condensation without removing the light and having to ship it back. Just looking for a more simply option. Guess I will communicate with them directly. Thanks everyone for your comments. I would like to say I am very pleased with their products. I have plenty of money sunk into all their lights with out any issues other than one light with minor condensation.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd remove the front face, very easily done with some Allen wrenches, then use a heat gun or blow dryer and carefully use it to remove the moisture. Replace the front plate and use some silicone to seal it up. I did this before I put them on to help mitigate the issue from the start.