lighting question for Rigid D lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I am being told Rigid changed the wiring harness and these lights may or may not work with present harness. May have to rewire everything. Duoooo!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats right I would probably swap your 30Amp fuse for a 15 you can get at most autoparts stores. Don't pull your 15 and 30 and switch those back and forth because you have lighter gauge wires for switch 3 and 4.
When I had Rigid on the phone, I asked them about swapping fuses for lower recommended amp ones. They said it was a good idea but that the lights were internally protected as well.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Now I am being told Rigid changed the wiring harness and these lights may or may not work with present harness. May have to rewire everything. Duoooo!

Rigid changed plugs a while back and I have pictures on the forum of the two different styles.
They will also send you an adaptor plug free of charge if you have the old style plug, if you want to do it that way.

Found the picture.

10078d1343097526-how-adjust-bumper-rigid-d2-fog-lights-sam_6913.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats right I would probably swap your 30Amp fuse for a 15 you can get at most autoparts stores. Don't pull your 15 and 30 and switch those back and forth because you have lighter gauge wires for switch 3 and 4.
When I had Rigid on the phone, I asked them about swapping fuses for lower recommended amp ones. They said it was a good idea but that the lights were internally protected as well.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Rigid changed plugs a while back and I have pictures on the forum of the two different styles.
They will also send you an adaptor plug free of charge if you have the old style plug, if you want to do it that way.

Found the picture.

10078d1343097526-how-adjust-bumper-rigid-d2-fog-lights-sam_6913.jpg

Thanks for the information. My plugs are gray on the outside but They are more square and less rounded. I assume that is the newer harness you are showing. The one closest to your palm or the inside of your hand. I want to thank you for all your great information. Folks like you really help us dummies. Gonna gone Rigid a call now that I know I am good to go.

Last edited: