lighting question for Rigid D lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I currently have the Rigid twin D lights with bracket set up in the fog light location. I am thinking about moving my two spots to the rear and replacing them with D2 driving lights. My concern is will this require any modification. I know the D's and D2's are the same size but do they have the same plug and will I require any fuse change due to the increased power draw? Thanks for your information and help.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They have the same plug and wiring, a pair of D2,s needs a 15 amp fuse and a 30 amp fuse for 4 lights.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They have the same plug and wiring, a pair of D2,s needs a 15 amp fuse and a 30 amp fuse for 4 lights.

Thanks that was what I was hoping. I would only be running two D2 lights. Does anyone think I need to boost up the fuses or run on what I have now with the D light set up.? Note: not an electrician!:nono:

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What fuse are you currently using?

What ever came stock. Sorry but I am a ******* when it comes to electricity. I just hooked up the D lights with wiring provided to rocker switches in glove compartment and they worked! :think:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The switches have different Amp size fuses connected to them so depending on which switch you used 1,2,3 or 4 will determine which fuse your lights are linked to.

Switch 1 and 2 have 30Amp fuses, switch 3 has a 15Amp and 4 has a 10Amp.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The switches have different Amp size fuses connected to them so depending on which switch you used 1,2,3 or 4 will determine which fuse your lights are linked to.

Switch 1 and 2 have 30Amp fuses, switch 3 has a 15Amp and 4 has a 10Amp.

Man your smart cause ya got a vette.........Right? They are hooked to switch 2. Sounds like I am good to go!!!:smoke2:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes they may only draw 2.5 amps but they (Rigid) recommend a 15 amp fuse for a pair of D2'S, comes in the literature with your lights.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes they may only draw 2.5 amps but they (Rigid) recommend a 15 amp fuse for a pair of D2'S, comes in the literature with your lights.

Now what are you doing reading things.. Let me see your man card so I can shred it.. :dogpile:

If on 4 I would just swap it from a 10 to 15 amp fuse. Should not cause any issues.