Winshield Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had mine replaced, but covered by insurance. They charged $1000 and the insurance company is only paying $600. They're fighting it out.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure it's a ford windshield

Why?
I couldn't get a ford windshield. They were on back order and couldn't get one for 6 months. Lots of Ford F150's.
I got a quality one installed in my small town for $185. still there with no leaks and no cracks etc.
Is there something about a Ford windshield that is better other than way heftier price? Just curious.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you know what you are getting, that's fine. Just wanted you to know you aren't getting a Ford part for that price.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd call around. That back order thing may be for that one vendor. The guys I called on a Friday showed up on Saturday morning with a genuine Ford windshield. I'd be tempted to get a cheaper windshield if I had to pay for it, but I think I'd stick with a Ford part, unless the other part came with a solid warranty.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, I had mine replaced. A rock strike started a crack, and I had the crack repaired. A little mild off-roading ruined the repair and the crack propagated. $385.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was cracked when I bought the truck. Had it replaced right away locally with a genuine Ford windshield for right at $250 or so. Called one day, stopped by the next and the local shop even price matched with Safelite.

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get windshields dirt cheap mines been replaced 2 times because of cracks and neither time cost me over $100