What's Ford Charging You for a LOF and Tire Rotation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just made an appointment with my local dealer for tomorrow, for a lube oil filter (LOF) and tire rotation (she's coming up on 5k miles). They quoted 2hrs and $75. Sound about right?

PS: What's with them asking "did you buy it here"? Simple curiosity, or something else? They didn't say so, but I got the distinct impression it affected my quote (negatively since I did not buy it from them).

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sounds about right to me. I had mine done without the tire rotation at 1600 miles with synthetic and I think is was around $55...maybe I was robbed.

Bet they don't remove the skid plate to change your oil...come to think of it, I don't know if they removed mine.

What I can tell you is to make sure that they don't lift your truck by the lower control arms...I think they did that with mine but didn't notice until it was too late...next time though.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL oh great. Guess I missed that story? Do they normally lift by the arms (a normal F150?), or was that just one knuclehead's first day on the job?

Oh and isn't there actual arrows punched in the frame, pointing at the lift points up front?

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't answer any of those questions J. Sorry. I know I will address it on the next go-round.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some dealers offer free oil changes (or the first change free) if you buy from them. But the "free oil change" doesn't include the tire rotation a lot of times.

I like to change my oil myself... the dealer in Temecula charged me $16.95 to rotate the tires and the inspection was free.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our service dept charges $49.95 for an oil change and does not charge for a tire rotation, regardless of where you bought it.

J, sounds like it was the knuckleheads first day on the job to me!!:blam:

FSM

Floppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90% of auto hoists never touch the suspension. you drive onto the ramps. If the wheels need removing then the spider is lifted under the center with 4 arms to the frame. Locking block attachments for the spider arms allow it adequate lift distance even for trucks with lift kits. I havent seen an infloor centerpost hoist in 20 years. I miss it though.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
J, just saw a commercial on TV that Ford has an oil change and tire rotation for $29.95 after rebate. It did not appear dealer specific.

FYI

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Lifting the truck up by the suspension? Deff. a knuckleheads first day, lol. Our lifts were the 2 posts with the 4 adjustable arms, just put them under the frame. I'm with MarkT on the asking you if you bought it there bit. Quoting 2hrs for an lof/inspection and rotate is strange to me, I've never seen it at more than 1hr. Wonder if they pay the tech 2 hrs. for that? I know where I want to work now, lol!