What Oil/Filter do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jricher82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title states, I'm just curious to see who uses what oil and filter for oil changes in their Raptor. I've always run full synthetic Mobil 1 0W-40 in the Cherokee SRT8 with Mobil 1 filter. I know the weight is not the same for the Raptor (which I plan on landing this weekend) but I just wanted to see who used what and what everyone recommmended. Full synthetic, synthetic blend, Mobil 1, Royal Purple? Thanks.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you plan to change your own, Chris Kelley at Freedom Motorsports can set you up with Amsoil products. For the most part, I use what ever my Ford dealership uses. If I had my own garage, I might change it myself, but it doesn't cost much more and they rotate the tires as well.

Last edited:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of the brand of oil used, make sure to use a quality full synthetic. The Mobile 1 you already use in the proper weight will provide good results as long as you change it according to Mobile's recommended service intervals or less. As for AMSOIL synthetic oil, it offers the longest guaranteed service interval of any oil on the market and has offered that same guaranteed interval since pioneering the market in 1972. If you are in to getting the most value by taking advantage of extended service intervals, AMSOIL will save more money, produce less waste and require less actual labor or labor charges than any other over years of maintenance. If you just want the best possible oil on the market? There are as many different opinions out there on that subject as there are models of vehicles on the road, but I tend to lean toward the oil that can guarantee the longest possible service interval. If their oil can stand still be viable for longer than the others, then it must be able to protect better than the others as well.

As for filtration, the undisputed leader is also AMSOIL EA Oil Filters, manufactured by Donaldson filtration using an exclusive nano-fiber filter media that filters to an efficiency of 98% at 20 microns, no other oil filter on the market can match it.

If you would like a no obligation quote or other information, please feel free to send me a private message here on the forum anytime.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motorcraft 5W20 which is semi-synthetic and a Motorcraft oil filter. I run oil analysis at each oil change and depending on usage change around 3000 miles.

OP
OP
jricher82

jricher82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Chris. I'll be in touch for sure.
Regardless of the brand of oil used, make sure to use a quality full synthetic. The Mobile 1 you already use in the proper weight will provide good results as long as you change it according to Mobile's recommended service intervals or less. As for AMSOIL synthetic oil, it offers the longest guaranteed service interval of any oil on the market and has offered that same guaranteed interval since pioneering the market in 1972. If you are in to getting the most value by taking advantage of extended service intervals, AMSOIL will save more money, produce less waste and require less actual labor or labor charges than any other over years of maintenance. If you just want the best possible oil on the market? There are as many different opinions out there on that subject as there are models of vehicles on the road, but I tend to lean toward the oil that can guarantee the longest possible service interval. If their oil can stand still be viable for longer than the others, then it must be able to protect better than the others as well.

As for filtration, the undisputed leader is also AMSOIL EA Oil Filters, manufactured by Donaldson filtration using an exclusive nano-fiber filter media that filters to an efficiency of 98% at 20 microns, no other oil filter on the market can match it.

If you would like a no obligation quote or other information, please feel free to send me a private message here on the forum anytime.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use what it came with from the factory. I used Motorcraft on my last two Ford trucks and no issues.