What to have inspected on pre owned?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laffyford

Reaction score
Purchased a pre owned 13 this weekend, from a Ford dealer although I am not very positive that they did much pre sale service to the vehicle. Of coarse they say it had to pass their 100+ point inspection, but who knows. I purchased a 60k extended warranty, should I bring it to my local dealer for an inspection to make sure everything is on point in your opinion?

Hedges4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased a pre owned 13 this weekend, from a Ford dealer although I am not very positive that they did much pre sale service to the vehicle. Of coarse they say it had to pass their 100+ point inspection, but who knows. I purchased a 60k extended warranty, should I bring it to my local dealer for an inspection to make sure everything is on point in your opinion?

I wouldn't waste your time. Get underneath, look for leaks or anything with fluids where they shouldn't be. . Check the shocks, see if they're leaking yet. If they are, they'll need to be replaced or rebuilt.

Just look for anything that doesn't appear to be normal. If you have to take it somewhere, take it to a local trusted mechanic. Ford isn't going to bone themselves on warranty work that doesn't need done yet.