GEN 1 What fluid is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. Checking the fluids in my 1 week new to me 2013 raptor and I come across a fluid that is a little low. It looks like transmission fluid but am not sure. It is right up front next to the radiator and I don't want to add the wrong thing. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. 6587b5af3ed81a391720f768d356040d.jpg

Gilligan

Reaction score
Hello. Checking the fluids in my 1 week new to me 2013 raptor and I come across a fluid that is a little low. It looks like transmission fluid but am not sure. It is right up front next to the radiator and I don't want to add the wrong thing. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. 6587b5af3ed81a391720f768d356040d.jpg

That's the power steering fluid reservoir. Pretty sure the raptor takes ATF in it though.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stuck my finger in it and it came out red and looked much like transmission fluid which confused me. Anyone have a link of what kind to run in it?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats the power Steering Res. I check mine after I get it hot driving around and it runs a little below the full but more then half way. Don't over fill it it will just **** out the extra. Fluid is the mentioned Mercon V by motorcraft. Go to the dealer and order the regular F150 owners manual and the Raptor supplement manual, lots of good info to help you out.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the power Steering Res. I check mine after I get it hot driving around and it runs a little below the full but more then half way. Don't over fill it it will just **** out the extra. Fluid is the mentioned Mercon V by motorcraft. Go to the dealer and order the regular F150 owners manual and the Raptor supplement manual, lots of good info to help you out.
Thanks. I downloaded the manual and 2 supplements but isn't very user friendly in pdf format.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The pdf is not a good one. I am old school and really like having a hard copy owners manual. I actually sit on the couch and read it!

By the way if the fluid is clean it will be red so it may have been changed recently depending on the milage your truck has. As it ages it will turn darker and can smell bunt. I waited to long to change mine I would do a flush and fill every 30K. Good luck with the new to you truck I am sure you will love.