Warranty and Amsoil Signature ATF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnuf78

Reaction score
Quick question for everyone here. Normally after break in on a new vehicle... around 1,500 miles.... I change my oil, transmission, power steering, and differential to full synthetics. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to maintenance... oil changes every 5k and full fluid changes every 2 years. I was told that to flush the transmission on the F150's it needs some type of special pump to do it so I had to have my dealer do the transmission flush. Anyway I wanted to use Amsoil Signature ATF and the dealer told me using any non Motor Craft product could allow Ford to void the warranty on the transmission if any issues arise later. I think it's SOP for them to have to inform the customers this as a CYA for Ford. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if something were to happen to my transmission, the burden of proof would have to fall on Ford to prove the fluid caused the issue correct? I've heard that Ford does tend to be "difficult" when it comes to warranty claims but in a case like this I don't think Ford would win unless the fluid was just bad or defective if it went to court. If the fluid was defective, then at that point Amsoil would be on the hook just like any other company would be on the hook if they put out defective product correct? Has anyone ever had Ford deny a warranty claim because they used Amsoil instead of Motor Craft?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't have to use ford fluids but you do have to use fluids that meet their spec. That would be like them telling you that you could only use mobile fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X3^^^ mention the "Miss Magnus on Act" and see if they change their tune. It is technically possible to flush the tranny without their flush machine but isn't recommended because it's a pain in the butt. That being said, ad long as the fluid meets Ford specs they can't legally void the warranty because you don't use the brand they recommend. I'd personally find another dealer to use if they are going to take that stance...

OP
OP
J

Johnuf78

Reaction score
I did mention that the burden of proof should be on Ford to prove the fluid directly caused the issue and they did back off their stance a little after I said that. Why did Ford have to make it so you'd have to use specialized equipment to flush their ATF. I'd expect the Germans to do something like this with their vehicles but have normally found Honda's, Toyota's, and Ford's pretty straightforward when it comes to maintenance.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AMSOIL Signature Series "Fuel Efficient" ATF meets the Ford Mercon LV requirement for the 6R80 transmission in the Raptor. So yes, it meets the requirements for your tranny. Let me know if you have any other questions, but I have provided a link to the correct AMSOIL ATF for the Raptor transmission for your convenience.

AMSOIL Signature Series Fuel-Efficient Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid