Transmission smoother after fluid exchange?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did my 30000 mile service, and besides an oil change and tire rotation, I also ordered the transmission fluid exchange. It was not necessary and I was not having issues, so I did it just because.

Now my transmission seems to be shifting smoother.

Is this a placebo effect? Is this even possible?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Trans oil will clean up varnish. If you have run the truck hard and had some heat for long periods you could have some varnish ever so small but still might have some. The new oils can surely make a difference.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The service supposedly extracted the old oil and did some sort of "flush". Interesting.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huck hit the nail on the head. The new fluid flush cleaned out the old fluid, cleaned out any trash in the transmission and cleaned up any excessive varnish that had built up in the valve body and solenoids allowing the new fluid to flow through them better. Cleaning the trash and varnish out of the valve body and shift solenoids to allow the fluid to flow better through the transmission is more than likely what made the biggest difference for you.

Those wanting to flush their fluid, check out AMSOIL below, they are now offering free shipping on retail website orders!
AMSOIL transmission fluid

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Huck hit the nail on the head. The new fluid flush cleaned out the old fluid, cleaned out any trash in the transmission and cleaned up any excessive varnish that had built up in the valve body and solenoids allowing the new fluid to flow through them better. Cleaning the trash and varnish out of the valve body and shift solenoids to allow the fluid to flow better through the transmission is more than likely what made the biggest difference for you.

Those wanting to flush their fluid, check out AMSOIL below, they are now offering free shipping on retail website orders!
AMSOIL transmission fluid

Hock... not Huck, but i concur with hockster