transmission flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What mileage should you do it at?
What machine should be used to do it?
What "chains" (jiffy lube, for example) carry the machine (my local dealer doesn't have a flush machine.

thanks, Doug

D

Deleted member 12951

Check level every 15k or once a year. I would think most will flush it around the 100-125k mark. Why do you want to flush it so soon?

Blackraptor14

Reaction score
Brothers in arms

Doug,

Read some of your posts. I live in nashville area. Worked in service for Porsche and Audi repair for twenty years. First of all: Never go anywhere but Ford Dealer or do it yourself at home. Second: would love to get together and discuss what you have experienced at the dealers in our area. They seem horrible to me. I have had experiences with them on my Powerstrokes. I am picking up my new Raptor next weekend in Colorado, and almost didn't buy one because of the poor quality of shops in our area. I have inquired to Ford as to what they recommend for front and rear differential service as well as transmission fluid/filter service. Looking thoroughly through the ford recommended service schedule it is not listed. That is common for most newer model year cars/trucks. Those are all fully synthetic fluids, and don't typically require any servicing until after 100k. However, driving habits/usage and region all factor in. I am very interested to see what the Ford Factory service agents reccomend. Please email me and we can share some experiences and make sure we do what is best for our trucks. I have also asked them if there is any warranty concern if I use Mobil one full synthetic. I wish the factory ford filter was better quality. Typically Fram is crap, crap. But, I also purchased the 7yr/125k warranty from ford and don't want to get screwed later if I didn't use a factory oil filter. Get in touch and we can navigate this together. Sorry for long post, but looking for an intelligent information exchange