transmission fluid change in raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
307-01B-3 Automatic Transaxle/Transmission — 6R80 307-01B-3

Transmission Fluid Level Indicator
A removable dipstick-type fluid level indicator is located on the right front area of the transmission case. It is held in by an external fluid fill plug. The
transmission fluid level indicator is removed with the transmission fluid fill plug. The transmission fluid level indicator is removed from the fill plug to
check the transmission fluid level.
The transmission fluid level is correctly checked when the transmission is at normal operating temperature, 80ºC-85ºC (176ºF-185ºF), and the vehicle is on a
level surface.
The correct transmission fluid level is at the upper level of the crosshatch marks on the transmission fluid level indicator.
Transmission Fluid Level Indicator
Item Part Number Description
1 — Transmission fluid fill plug
2 7A010 Transmission fluid level indicator
3 — Transmission fluid level FULL line

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I got mine from the Helms site. You can get 72 hr access to all of it including, your build sheet by VIN, All build info, Date, color, issues on the assembly line, calibrations for the computers etc., TSB's and other hard to get infor for $10.95.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got mine from the Helms site. You can get 72 hr access to all of it including, your build sheet by VIN, All build info, Date, color, issues on the assembly line, calibrations for the computers etc., TSB's and other hard to get infor for $10.95.

Cool. I used to use ALLDATADIY.COM. How does this compare?

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Just checked mine and this is what it shows. Any idea how low this might be?

Steve, you out there?

Also do you add thru the dipstick hole? That's gonna be a bitch.

Attachments

• IMG_20131016_164802_050.jpg
    IMG_20131016_164802_050.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 144

Deuce

Reaction score
The transmission [6R80] also has a filter. It would behoove anyone doing a drain and fill or trans cooler dump and refill to also replace the trans filter.
How do you replace the transmission filter? I ask this question because I just got my 60k service 2k miles ago. I noticed a transmission leak. They want to charge me $400 to replace the transmission pan gasket. I mentioned the pan was just removed 2k miles ago to get the filter replaced as part of the 60k service. Does the pan get removed to replace the filter?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes as the filter sits on the bottom of the pan. And why are you wanting to replace the filter? You should have replaced the filter during your service.

Does the pan get removed to replace the filter?

Last edited: