transmission fluid change in raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GasGasMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You BETTER be sure the RedLine fluid is compatible with the Ford required fluid.

OP
OP
boxcartommie22
Reaction score
explain please? both are low vis, both are synthetic, redline is a far better oil then any mortorcraft fluid. i already have redline 5w20 oil in it.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You BETTER be sure the RedLine fluid is compatible with the Ford required fluid.

Agreed. These new transmissions don't take kindly to some random fluid.

Just ask any Mazda or Volvo owner that stuck standard transmission oil in a box requiring jws3309.

AuPanda

Reaction score
Agreed. These new transmissions don't take kindly to some random fluid.

Just ask any Mazda or Volvo owner that stuck standard transmission oil in a box requiring jws3309.

Transmission fluid, windshield washer fluid, fluid, fluid, fluid....it's all the same in my book. Just put some Marvel Mystery Oil in it and you'll be fine.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission fluid, windshield washer fluid, fluid, fluid, fluid....it's all the same in my book. Just put some Marvel Mystery Oil in it and you'll be fine.

PLEASE tell me you are joking.................

Nick B

Reaction score
You guys must drive alot if you are already talking about changing the fliud . Doesn't the manual says 60,000 miles ?

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys must drive alot if you are already talking about changing the fliud . Doesn't the manual says 60,000 miles ?

It could be beneficial to get break in material out using an early drain and fill and filter change. Some will disagree and that is their opinion.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the dip stick set-up.
transdipstick.gif
[/IMG]

Cool GGM, does this mean you still have access to Ford's on-line service manuals? Is your log on still good? That would be cool.

FSM

GasGasMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any access to the Ford stuff anymore. This was from a file I save a while back.

Logo is obsolete now.