Trans Service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When is everyone getting their transmission serviced? I'm starting to rack up miles(42,***) and most of which are pretty heavily driven hard and I'm starting to notice a pretty rough shift from 2nd to 3rd and just wondering if it would be a good idea to have it serviced?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HA! Trick question. The Scheduled Maintenance Guide (page 437 of the 2011 Owner's Manual) says to check the automatic transmission fluid every 15,000 miles if the transmission has a dipstick. Ours does not have a dipstick under the hood as indicated on page 403. Page 403 says, "Your transmission does not consume fluid. However, fluid level should be checked if the transmission is not working properly, (i.e., if the transmission slips or shifts slowly) or if you notice some sign of fluid leakage. Transmission fluid should be checked by an authorized dealer. If required, fluid should be added by an authorized dealer."

There is, in fact, a transmission dipstick. It is located on the passenger side of the transmission just above the transmission pan. If you feel the need to check the transmission level yourself, it should be done with the engine and transmission at full operating temperature, with the engine idling in park.

Last edited:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my tranny clutchs replaced due to rough shifting frm 2-3 and going into 5th too. It was pretty rough as in felt like it was dropping the hammer on a stall converter haha.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I had mine serviced back in March. $180 for a flush. I am probably going to drop the pan and do the filter before November.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had mine FLUSHED out with a larger finned pan and Amsoil at around 15k or so now have 34k. Runs a little cooler and had better shifts.

I always do that to all of my vehicles----the tranny fluid is the life of the transmission...