Trans fluid spouting from check hole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had my trans serviced at a transmission shop. I installed a RPG cooler and decided to check the fluid level via the dipstick on the right side of the trans. When I pulled he 19mm bolt out with the dipstick, trans fluid came pouring out onto the floor. I drained about a quart and a half out and seems to be fine now. Is there any damage or problems that may have happened because of to much fluid?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Ruger your expertise is needed in this procedure.:wizhuh:

I wrote it all up (complete with photos) and posted it in an existing transmission thread in July 2014. Now I can't find it.

One thing I can absolutely assure you of: If you do this yourself you will come away with a great sense of satisfaction and permanent scars from 3rd degree burns on your hand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What were the conditions when you checked it and who installed the cooler?

The truck was running and it was on level ground with the trans at about 170 degrees. I took it back to the transmission shop who changed the trans fluid the week prior and told them what was happening. Turns out the transmission was about a quart and a half over filled.